National Luna Fridge - Alloy 50L Twin
As part of our freight service Kulkyne Kampers offers freight insurance to ensure that the customer is protected if their goods get lost or damaged in transit. Freight insurance is optional so customers will need to select this option during the shopping cart process if they require it. We will ship your goods to you under one of the following terms depending upon which insurance option you select.
DDP: If you select the Freight Insurance option your goods will be freighted to you "DDP" which means we will assume all responsibility for delivering the goods to you. Any damage or loss of goods will be covered by Kulkyne Kampers at no risk to you. Once you have signed the "Proof of Delivery" when the goods are delivered to you, any damage to the product then becomes your responsibility. Please ensure your goods are fully delivered in good condition before you sign the "Proof of Delivery."
CFR: If you do not select the Freight Insurance option your goods will be freighted to you "CFR" which means you assume all responsibly for loss or damage of the goods from us to you. No liability will be accepted by Kulkyne Kampers under any circumstances if you do not select the Freight Insurance option.
Delivery Times: The times shown on this website are intended as a guide only, please call us if your delivery time is critical.
Freight DetailsSize: 39(l) x 72(w) x 51(h) cms Weight: 23kgs
Add your products to the shopping cart and you can calculate a total freight costs for the items in your shopping cart…
National Luna Fridge - Alloy 50L Twin
The National Luna 50 litre twin is a really practical size with a large 40 litre fridge and 10 litre freezer ideal for the traveller. What is really special about the National Luna range of fridge / freezers is that the cooling plates are built into the walls of the fridge meaning that you don't have separate cooling plates inside your fridge taking up precious room. In the real world what this means is that the National Luna 50 litre will hold as much food and drink as the larger 60 litre Engel.
Because the 50 litre twin has 43mm high density foam it also uses around half the power of an Engel especially when tested in above 40 degree temperatures as experienced here in Australia.
The 50 litre twin has a single digital temperature control for the fridge compartment; the freezer automatically operates at 10 degrees below this temperature. A really neat trick with these fridges is to set the main compartment as a cooler and use the 10 litre compartment as a fridge when you are doing day trips or using the fridge at work - what this does is cut right back on power usage when you only need a small capacity.
The 50 litre twin fridge / freezer features the latest Danfoss BD35F compressor, which when coupled with 43mm insulation gives low power consumption even in Australia's toughest conditions. The fridge compartment on the 50 litre twin can be drawn down to minus 12 degrees even on 43 degree days.
The 50 litre National Luna aluminium fridge weighs 22.6kgs and is constructed from structured aluminium on the outer and smooth aluminium on the interior. The other benefit of metal construction is that a unique manufacturing process can be used whereby foam can be injected under high pressure into the walls of the fridge giving denser, more effective insulation maximising interior space while reducing overall dimensions.
- 385(w) x 710(l) x 506(h) - (845mm with lid raised)
- 22.6kg weight;
- Actual volume 40 litres (fridge); 10 litres (freezer) = 50 total;
- Minimum temperature at +43 degrees = minus 18 degrees for freezer and minus 12 degrees for fridge (may be lower);
- 12 volt / 24 volt / 240 volt power source;
- 2.5 amp power draw (varies slightly on start up);
- Low 24 hour power draw of 39.50 amp hours on a 43 degree day (main cabinet temperature of minus 10 degrees);
- Material: Structured aluminium cabinet with smooth aluminium inner;
- High strength carry handles;
- Lockable latch;
- Internal light;
- Injection moulded high density foam for superior insulation properties;
- Internal metal plate allows more even refrigeration which keeps temperatures more stable in the fridge and keeps running time lower;
- Danfoss BD35F compressor for serviceability, reliability and parts availability;
- Intelligent compressor control with built in 12 volt / 24 volt / 240 volt automatic switching;
- Intelligent compressor control with automatic high speed mode when abundant power is available;
- Power saving mode when running off battery power;
- Programmable battery cut out to protect your battery from over discharge;
- Easy to read digital thermostat with independent setting controls for both compartments;
- Ability to cool over 60 degrees below ambient temperature;
- More usable interior space than other 50-60 litre fridges (cooling plates are built into the walls rather than taking up room in the interior of your fridge);
- Corrosion resistant;
- Quality and performance tested;
- Three year warranty;
- Australia wide dealer network;